If you have been thinking of visiting Venice, Florida there is just no better time than now. Avoid the crowds, beautiful sunshine, no long lines in the restaurants, and plenty of free parking.
Related Blog: How to Plan the Perfect Night in Venice, Florida
Thinking about visiting Venice, Florida? This adorable seaside town was named one of the “Happiest seaside towns in the USA,” by Coastal Living, 2015. This lovely Florida beach community offers desirable shops, first-class restaurants, is easily walkable, has miles of pristine gulf coast beaches and has been attracting people looking to retire since 1925. Today, Venice, Florida is a thriving small town that is a home to people of all ages and has also become it’s own vacation destination. In the summer, you typically won’t find any long lines and the beach is never crowded. Here are a few interesting facts about Venice, Florida that just might find unique.
- Venice is just one of three mainland cities in Florida that is actually on the water but does not have any barrier islands.
- The Venice Centre Mall was once a classroom building for the Kentucky Military as well as a hotel. Make sure to check it out when strolling down Tampa Avenue.
- The first hotel in Venice, Florida opened in 1926 off of Nassau Street and was called HOTEL VENICE. Today it’s called Park Place.
- Venice, Florida is known in publications everywhere as the “Sharks Tooth Capital of the World.”
- Hectore Cafferta, Jr, a former resident of Venice, Florida was a United States Marine who received the Medal of Honor for heroic service at the Battle of Chosin Reservoir during the Korean War. (Special thanks to all of our military and their families).
The next time you are thinking about crossing over one of our three beautiful bridges to explore the “island,” make sure to stop by the Inn at the Beach. You will find us right across from the Venice Public Beach. The Inn at the Beach is the absolute perfect spot to stay when visiting Venice, Florida. Whether you are looking for early morning yoga, afternoon shopping, or gorgeous sunsets…. you will find it all right here.
For more information contact: Inn at the Beach 725 West Venice Avenue, Venice Florida 34285
Call direct at 941-484-8471 Reservations 800-255-8471 www.innatthebeach.com